- Sex and the College Student: Senior Day: John Jay HS, Katonah, NY, annually 2008 - 2017. Horace Greeley HS, Chappaqua, NY, 2009, 2010, 2012. Yorktown HS, NY, 2009 - 2010, Ridgefield HS, 2009 - 2012, Walter Panas HS, Cortlandt Manor, 2011 - 2017.
- "Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives: The Best Option", Pediatric Resident Grand Rounds, September 2013, Westchester Medical Center.
- “1 every 3 minutes: Campus Date Rape”: SUNY Purchase, Rape Aggression Defense Course, December 2012, February 2013, multiple classes.
- "Everything you Always Wanted to Know About Sex, but Were Afraid to ask Your Gynecologist", Pepsico, Lunch and Learn, Spring 2012.
- "STD News, CDC Updates": Pediatric Grand Rounds, Northern Westchester Hospital, October, 2011.
- "Cervical Cancer Prevention in Low-Resource Settings": Gynecology Grand Rounds, Cap-Haitien, Haiti July 2011.
- "College Prep Check List: What our Older Teens Need to Discuss Before Leaving for School": Pediatric Grand Rounds: Northern Westchester Hospital, Spring, 2011.
- "Date Rape on Campus and the Ripple Effect": Purchase College, RAD Course, Spring 2011
- "Healthy Relationships": Fox Lane M.S. Health Course, 2010-2011.
- "Dating Abuse in our Teens: 1 in 3": NWH Fundraising Luncheon, Spring, 2010.
- "What Can We Do to Reduce Date Rape Among our Patients": NWH, Pediatric Grand Rounds, Winter 2009.
- "College Health" and "Sex and the College Student": John Jay HS, Katonah, NY, annually since Spring 2008 – 2012.
- Horace Greeley HS, Chappaqua, NY, May 2009, 2012. Yorktown HS, NY, June 2009, June 2010, Ridgefield HS, June 2009, 1010, 2011, Walter Panus H.S. 2011-12.
- "Teenage Sexuality: Raising the Bar for Adolescent Health Ed": PepsiCo, Somers, New York, January 2009.
- "HPV Vaccine - the First Cancer Prevention Vaccine": Northern Westchester Hospital Cancer Center, Spring 2008.
- "Teenage Sexuality": Presented at Pediatric Grand Rounds, Northern Westchester Hospital, June 2008.
- Coed 8th Grade Health Class, Fox Lane Middle School: "Dating Abuse: Red Flags and what to do when you see them" and "Cyber-bullying and Sexting" (Delete, Delete, Delete)
- Family U: "Relationships and Power 101":John Jay Middle and High Schools, November 2010
- Senior Seminars: "Risk Reduction for Upcoming College Freshman" or "Sex and the College Student: Perils, Pitfalls and Problem Prevention", Spring 2006-present. Dr. Malley has been presenting "Senior Day" at the local high schools for the past 10+ years. She enjoys discussions with girls-only as well as coed groups about the positive and negative consequences of all that fun they will encounter in the next 4 years. These interactions are a way for Dr. Malley to learn as much from her audience about their concerns and interests as she tries to help them see the humor in others' bad choices, bad luck, while seeing the wisdom of alternative choices.
- Bystander Intervention: why it is critical to reducing date rape on campus, as well as violence against women and minorities. Young men need to recognize their responsibility as a bystander to someone else's inappropriate behavior, and step UP - stop the behavior. If all young men on campus considered all young women important and they understand the severe consequences of acquaintance rape, they would be more inclined to step in before the crisis develops. Men can stop rape - they can and they should.
- Contraception Options : Responsible, mature adolescents are generally aware of the benefits of condom use. Our goal is to use humor and motivational interviewing to illustrate the difference between using condoms "most of the time" (as practiced by most teens) and using them all of the time. I review the benefits of use of emergency contraception: plan B, ella, and the copper iud to dispel common misconceptions about birth control, condoms and STI transmission among her students.
- Guess the STI? I review up close and personal photos of very common STIs among their age group. Making my point for me, one of the boys commented, "it's enough to make you really think about who you are sleeping with!"
Susan Malley, MD
Adolescent & Adult Gynecology
Northern Medical Group
Relocating to Carmel for now
Televisits now available
664 Stoneleigh Avenue
Putnam Hospital Center
Carmel, New York 10512
"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." MA Radmacher